Forms and workflow automation can help higher education institutions to streamline processes, reduce errors, and improve efficiency. However, implementing a new automation system can be complex and requires careful planning and preparation.
To help institutions successfully implement forms and workflow automation, Kuali has developed a guide that outlines key considerations and best practices. Some of the key recommendations from the guide include:
Identify Workflow Processes: Identify the workflow processes that would benefit from automation, including those that involve multiple stakeholders or require significant manual effort.
1. Document Current Processes: Document the current processes and identify areas for improvement, such as bottlenecks or errors.
2. Define Workflow States: Define the states or stages of the workflow, including the criteria for moving from one state to another.
3. Develop a Workflow Diagram: Develop a workflow diagram that illustrates the workflow process, including the roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder.
4. Identify Data Requirements: Identify the data requirements for the workflow, including data input and output, data validation, and data storage.
5. Define Notifications: Define the notifications that will be sent to stakeholders at each stage of the workflow.
6. Define Approval Criteria: Define the criteria for approving or rejecting workflow tasks, including the roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder.
7. Develop Forms: Develop electronic forms that will be used to collect data for the workflow, and ensure that they are user-friendly and accessible.
8. Test the Workflow: Test the workflow with a small group of users to identify any issues or areas for improvement.
9. Provide Training: Provide training and support to users and administrators to ensure they are comfortable and confident using the new system.
By following these best practices, institutions can successfully implement forms and workflow automation, and achieve greater efficiency, accuracy, and compliance in their workflows. If you're interested in learning more about forms and workflow automation in higher education, be sure to check out Kuali's resources and solutions today.