A Look at Kuali Research in 2019
As we reach the end of 2019, it’s a good time to reflect on what we’ve accomplished as a community this year. It’s been a period of growth and innovation – mostly exciting, occasionally overwhelming, always fun and challenging. Since January, we’ve closed nearly 400 feature tickets, held a dozen user group meetings, and met onsite with customers and potential customers nearly 40 times. We’ve updated our technology stack and infrastructure to help us deliver our products more efficiently. We’ve published 140 articles in our online knowledge base and closed more than 1500 support tickets.
Based on your design input and user feedback, we’ve built new features. Here are just some of the new capabilities we’ve built together:
COI/COC and Protocols:
- Training Template gadget
- Funding Source gadget
- COI Viewer role
- Watermark functionality for Protocol attachments
- COI Project integration and functionality in Form Designer COI to configure projects to push automatically into a disclosure
- COI Manual Projects with the option to enter custom projects for a disclosure not automatically pushed from a research module
- Export/Import template functionality
- COI Disclose once at PD/IP stage option and have the disclosure carry over to award
- Reportable Events in Protocols
- Proposal Copy to include copying proposal hierarchies (parent & all children)
- Proposal S2S forms are now clickable to download the form directly from grants.gov and ability to open zip of submitted application after submission.
- Ability to edit prior transactions in the Subaward Financial tab and add multiple PO numbers with each entry
- Omni search in the Dashboard and sort columns for all Dashboard cards
- Accommodate the Human Fetal Tissue requirements for S2S submissions
- Intra-Institution Multi-Project Support for completing Phase 1 multi-project applications and submit via S2S using proposal hierarchy
- Manage Sponsor and Organization attachments in the maintenance record.
We’ve welcomed brand new schools to our community, and welcomed long time community members in a new way as we help folks transition from managing Kuali Research locally to subscribing to our cloud service. We’ve worked with schools to implement their first modules of Kuali Research or expand their use of the software.
But all of these accomplishments are just a means to an end: making sure you have the tools you need to do your work. Whether you’re innovating in the lab, testing an important medical device, exploring space, or providing the crucial support that helps these activities take place, we want you to have tools that inspire you and enable you to do great things. And you’re doing them – since January 2019, you’ve submitted more than 1,300 proposals, created more than 6,000 award records, approved nearly 25,000 COI disclosures, and reviewed more than 8,000 protocols. That’s impressive! You’re moving forward, and we’re right there with you.
We are who we are as a community because of you. Your participation, feedback, ideas, code contributions, your appreciation and your tough love, your conversations with each other and with our Company and Foundation, in short, this community, makes us unique. It’s worth celebrating. Thank you.
We can’t wait to show you what we have planned for 2020! We hope to see you in the mountains of Utah in February for a Kuali Days unlike any we’ve had before.
I’d love to hear from you. Feel free to reach out to me at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Manager, Enterprise Solutions
Learn more about Kuali today!